Chad McMillan has only owned A Pet’s Life since 2019, but that doesn’t mean the store is in its infancy. The life of a pet has been a staple at 2019 Cadboro Bay Rd. For over three decades with a dedicated staff and clientele, and Chad brought years of experience when he left Manitoba for his settle on the island.
âMy first job with animals was at a pet store in Winnipeg when I was 17. 6 years later, I bought my first pet store! “
He has worked in the pet industry for 28 years and genuinely appreciates the community he has encountered at A Pet’s Life.
âThe staff are great – they know our customers, know their pets and know what they like to buy,â he says.
If you don’t already know them, Chad takes the opportunity to introduce the incredible long-term team that makes A Pet’s Life special.
READ MORE: Catalog of the Perfect Canadian Treats for Your Furry Friends
Over ten years ago, Karen was new to Victoria and needed cat food. She liked the look and feel of the store on the corner of Fort and Foul Bay, so she applied for a job. Since then, she has worked at A Pet’s Life.
âWe always felt like a little family,â she says. âSo many nice people! Lots of people have shopped here since the store opened, and we see their families growing up.
- Current pet: âI am ‘between cats’. My Spike passed away a few years ago, but I know I’ll have another cat again.
- Favorite product: PetKind dog food. âIt’s still a local business making great food in a local factory. “
Kyla has been with A Pet’s Life for almost as long as Karen, and says customers (both humans and pets) are “a major mood booster.”
Her years of experience help her advise clients – and come in handy when they want a specific product but can’t remember the name.
âPeople here are very passionate about their pets – they can’t wait to do what’s best for them and the love really shows,â she says. âIt means a lot to me that they trust my advice and often give me feedback. There is a strong sense of community here and I am proud to be a part of it.
- Current pet: A kitten named Mooncake and a chocolate lab named Sarge
- Favorite product: Catit Flower Fountain. âCats are drawn to running water, which has really helped clients (and myself) get our cats to drink more often. It’s also adorable!
Another A Pet’s Life staff member with over a decade of experience in the pet industry! Having worked in other stores, Curtis appreciates how A Pet’s Life goes above and beyond for its customers.
âWe go above and beyond when it comes to customer service. This, along with the various treats and products, makes A Pet’s Life special.
- Current pet: A five and a half year old cat named Norman
- Favorite product: Plate-off. âIt’s a simple daily food additive to keep your pet’s teeth free from plaque. Works very well!”
Buy A Pet’s Life by phone, online and in-store at 2019 Cadboro Bay Rd. Follow them on Facebook or Instagram for cute pets and product ideas!
PetsPets and peopleBuy local